header-photo

My New Favorite Number - 6

I always knew that once Little E was born, that sleep would become a thing of the past. In fact, Riley Armstrong has a song called “Sleep.” Once of the lyrics is “Sleep, no I never get enough. Always waking up tired. Sleep, no I never get enough if I don’t show up I might get fired.” There has been many a day at work that I’m sitting at my desk, looking at my computer screen and wishing and praying that it was the end of the day only to realize that it was 8:45 am.

I do however see a silver lining. Last night Little E slept for…wait for it…6 hours. Yes, 6 continuous hours of sleep. Wifey slept for 6 hours, I slept for 6 hours, Little E slept for 6 hours. I knew that this day would eventually come and I could not be happier. Does this mean he’s at that point where he’ll be doing this every night? I don’t know. In fact, I don’t really care.

We’ve been working the Baby Wise system. It’s difficult, but it has some pretty good results. My niece was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. Several parents in the church have used it and their kids were sleeping through the night by 9 weeks. The book actually says that between 7-9 weeks is the average time frame for getting your child to sleep through the night.

I know there are naysayers out there who say that it’s not possible. Or that you must have a special baby. Or you’re just lucky. It’s not luck, it’s working a plan. I’m so happy to see that our efforts are starting to produce some results. I did say efforts, this plan is not easy and you have to be true to the schedule, but the results are definitely worth it.

Good, restful sleep is on the horizon for Daddyland. Thank God!

0 comments:

Post a Comment