header-photo

I Have Great Life

Today is a day for celebration. Little E turned 2 months today and he gave us a great present…7 hours of sleep. Thank you Babywise.

It’s amazing to think that just 2 short months ago we were in the hospital waiting for him to show up. Wifey and I figured it out; she was in labor for 66 hours before they eventually did the C-section. That is not cool, but we’re so happy we have him.

He has changed so much in these 2 short months. He’s growing, gaining weight, smiling at us, discovering his feet, chittering (AKA – baby talk), etc. The list goes on and on. I sometimes wonder what goes on in his head. What is it like to discover something new all the time?

They, and by they I mean the people who know, say that his brain develops at an amazing rate during these first few years. How much does he comprehend? Does he think he’s got crazy parents because we sing him little songs? Or does he wonder why I make him into a little burrito every night I put him to sleep? Or does he realize that his pacifier will never give him milk, no matter how hard he sucks? Little things like that go through my head.

I’m so glad that we have him in our lives and I can’t wait until he’s up and around, talking, going to school, watching him at his sporting events, taking pictures at his graduation, helping him move into his first apartment, sitting at his wedding, in the hospital with him as his first child is born. But I’m also happy to be in this moment with Wifey and Little E.

I really do have a great life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment